[[ this is was exactly my problem for many years, though not so dramatic, but annoying.
so there a set of answers from effective quickly to fundamental self growth.
- use food/sport supplements. effect is strong and immediate. there are different supplements for endurance/recreation (Creatine (http://www.iherb.com/Creatine?rcode=SRW802), Citrulline (http://www.iherb.com/l-citrulline?rcode=SRW802)), motivation/desire (Taurine (http://www.iherb.com/Taurine?rcode=SRW802), Guarana (http://www.iherb.com/Guarana?rcode=SRW802), chewing tobacco/nicotine gum is great effect (not smoking!)) and mental sharpness (Guarana (http://www.iherb.com/Guarana?rcode=SRW802), DMAE (http://www.iherb.com/DMAE?rcode=SRW802), Phosphatidylserine (http://www.iherb.com/phosphatidylserine?rcode=SRW802)). used together they will help you work much and effectively. more details in my quora answer: What drugs do you put into your bug out bag? (https://www.quora.com/What-drugs-do-you-put-into-your-bug-out-bag/answer/Dmitry-Bryliuk) and here: mental and physical performance, drugs and supplements (http://project-identity.com?link=knowledge-5647943331741696).
- use meditation/qigong techniques. it is not fast and raising your performance fundamentally, but some effect can be quick. also some meditations techniques can be used just as background during work and rest without special training.
for example alpha/beta brainwaves of mind machines (owner of Mindplace Procyon AVS (http://www.mindplace.com/Mindplace-Procyon-System-Meditation-Machine/dp/B000X2BSJM)) and binaural beats (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats) can be used for work (Creative Mind System (http://scientificsounds.com/index.php/creativity-peak-performance/98-creative-mind-system-2cd-set), Energize & Focus (http://scientificsounds.com/index.php/memory-learning/14-energize-focus-beta), Alpha Relaxation #2 (http://scientificsounds.com/index.php/sample/5-active-relaxation)), while deep alpha for quick rest (Alpha Relaxation #1 (http://scientificsounds.com/index.php/relaxation/4-deep-relaxation-and-meditation)), theta/delta for longer rest (Theta Meditation 2.0 (http://scientificsounds.com/index.php/meditation/65-theta-meditation-system-2-0-insight), Sleep (https://www.scientificsounds.com/index.php/sound-store/sleep-resources)). just put headphones and listen it as background. there are plenty of tracks, pointed several of them to start, you may explore others.
classical music is also fine, try Mozart (google for Mozart effect, also Brainwave Symphony 4CD Set (https://www.scientificsounds.com/index.php/sound-store/relax-and-re-balance/brainwave-symphony-4cd-set.html), I'm used mix of alpha and beta tracks for work).
more about meditation in my quora answer to How can I motivate myself for workout 3 hours, study programming 4 hours and work 6 hours each day? (https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-motivate-myself-for-workout-3-hours-study-programming-4-hours-and-work-6-hours-each-day/answer/Dmitry-Bryliuk)
qigong techniques allows you to gain more lifeforce and redirect lower energy (responsible for physical activity/survival/sex) into higher energy (responsible for motivation/mental performance). recommended authors are Mantak Chia and Mingtang Xu, but better is to start with certified instructor.
- resolve fundamental mental/body problems and get life motivation. unresolved subliminal mental/body blocks can dramatically degrade performance and motivation, while resolved can significantly boost progress. not quick, but most effective. more details in my quora answer: How can I go about developing my mental toughness, grit and the ability to cope with adversity? (https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-go-about-developing-my-mental-toughness-grit-and-the-ability-to-cope-with-adversity/answer/Dmitry-Bryliuk)
some secondary helper advices:
- take regular rest, which significantly changes your kind of activity and takes far from your regular environment. for example hiking in beaty places or airsoft games.
- proper food regime. food have to be not much and easy to digest, but enough to keep you working. food hard to digest or oversupply will result to performance loss. lack of proper food will also result in performance loss. perhaps will write details later. ]]